View Single Post

Old 02-20-2010, 07:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
CSS North Carlolina recolor by Anna

I have been wanting to do the CSS North Carolina for a while now as it is another of the Richmond class ironclads, but I have never been happy with the color. The North Carolina had really bad engines (even by Confederate standards!) and was left unpainted do to lack of paint. Used as a guard ship, the North Carolina quickly rusted over and torpedo worms attacked the bottom. One day, it simply sank! It was kind of a sad situation, but the ship is a good illustration of the hash conditions suffered by the Confederate War industry. I thought it would make a good addition to the 1/250 scale line of ships quickly growing at Ecardmodels.com but I could not gt it to look right.

Then Roman put me in touch with Anna, and she agreed to work her magic on the thing, at least a test run. As it turns out she seemed to really like working on it. I was extremely pleased with her test run, so now she is moving on to the other parts. As this model was mostly ready to go except coloring and the addition of the outhouses on thee stern, I hope to have a model up soon!

As you can see from th attached picture, it will look really sharp!:D

CT
Attached Thumbnails
CSS North Carlolina recolor by Anna-rust.jpg