View Single Post

Old 02-24-2010, 03:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
So, now is the time to install the longerons. This is mainly a proces "by-the-eye", I hold a longeron beam against the bulkheads in a manner that resembles the correct sheer and when it pleases me, I mark its postion and fraise the bays where the longeron will fit. The pictures 1 to 3 show the effect for the 3 and 4 longerons I have attached. You can almost see the actual shape of the hull already!

So, looking at the hull, it seems to me, that the shape of the stern with the aft deck seems smooth and flowing enough, so it's time to open the bar, in the last pic.

I'll come back later, but first I need to plank the foredeck and lower foredeck (what is the English name for such a deck?)
Attached Thumbnails
MV Oranje of the Netherlands Steamship Company in scratchbuild-6-longerons-place.jpg   MV Oranje of the Netherlands Steamship Company in scratchbuild-6-longerons-bow.jpg   MV Oranje of the Netherlands Steamship Company in scratchbuild-6-longerons-aft.jpg   MV Oranje of the Netherlands Steamship Company in scratchbuild-6-bar-3rd-class-open.jpg