View Single Post

Old 03-01-2010, 07:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Update

UPDATE: I'm Back

It's been way too long since I've posted anything here on the Sherman!

I just want everyone to know that I have not given up and thrown in the towel I just had too much other stuff going on.

If you remember back a few months ago, Greg (Modelperry), and I made a friendly little wager to build this puppy. At the time, I had a bit of a head start, but not too much of one. Right now, I'm not quite sure where Greg is at with his build (considering the Scud and all) but here is where I'm at. Hopefully this time I'll be able to finish it up. The Dragon wagon is waiting in the wings. Yes, Don, you heard me right the Dragon Wagon is next

The wheels are finally finished. Their construction was pretty straight forward...Some fit issues, however, nothing too bad. I just had to really take my time and pre-fit each piece... The other not so fun part was all of the circle cutting on laminated stock. Boy,what I would give for a better circle cutter.

Next, I am moving on to the bogies. This part of the build is definitely the most time consuming part. Once I get past all of the running gear I'll be able to pick up the pace.
Attached Thumbnails
GPM M4A3 Sherman-sherman-001.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-sherman-002.jpg