Thread: ATF Dingo Build
View Single Post

Old 03-05-2010, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Sorry I have been neglecting this thread. I have not been neglecting the build however. This model is so deceptive. It looks so sraightforward and lulls you into a sense that it will just fall together. Nothing could be further from the truth. My buddy Ed is going to try and tackle this as his first paper model. I'm not sure it is a good one for him to start with, but I'm glad I'm building it first to steer him around all the pitfalls.

This build has all the components of a challenging build. Parts too big, too small, labeled wrong, misterious unlabeled white spaces, poor construction drawings, incomprehensible instructions (since I don't read Polish fluently), the list goes on.

Here are pictures of progress to date. The interior builds up OK and I have yet to build the equipment that goes between the front and rear seats. The radiator cannot physically sit on its mark on the frame as the radiator fan interferes with the engine block. most of the marks in the engine bay are mismarked or not marked at all.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
ATF Dingo Build-dscn1764.jpg   ATF Dingo Build-dscn1765.jpg   ATF Dingo Build-dscn1766.jpg   ATF Dingo Build-dscn1767.jpg   ATF Dingo Build-dscn1768.jpg