View Single Post

Old 03-11-2010, 03:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
MM Aviation Contest P-47

Okay, okay! I know I have two other MM threads open. I will get back to the FT R-17 build before the end of the contest. And I am definitely going to do the Me 110 that I opened a thread for. But a greater priority has arisen. When I counted my Allies vs Axis planes up on the Wall of Shame, the Axis powers outnumbered the Allies almost 4 to 1. So I'm out to even the odds a little more by doing at least 5 American planes before I do another Axis plane. I've done the PMI P-38J and this will be #2!
MM Aviation Contest P-47-img_3516.jpg
The kit is four pages of parts, one of formers. While the colors look fine, there is a definitely problem with the black in the blue fields. The panel lines are barely visible and so I've had to go over every line with a pen to redefine them;
MM Aviation Contest P-47-img_3513.jpg
It makes a huge difference and while the black may now be too dark, I'd rather that than not see it at all.
MM Aviation Contest P-47-img_3514.jpg
The kit doesn't look to difficult at all, so hopefully the fit is good and I won't have any problems other than my usual problem of getting in my own way.
Chris