View Single Post

Old 03-26-2010, 04:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
Fuse-cockpit-lage

Thanks guys! The cockpit fuselage had to built up as an integral unit. The fuse formers had cockpit parts and the cockpit parts were part of the fuselage structure etc. I recolured and detailed the cockpit. One research source stated that most devastators innards were left aluminum, and another stated it had the green insides. I went with green. I used a computer painting technique I called forced perspective or fake 3D. Basically it is using darker and lighter shades in areas that trick the eye into thinking the flat surface is actually 3D. This was used on the decks and inner fuselage stringers, the effects are actually pretty neat. I'll show the fuselage sequence 1st then the detaoled out cockpit...
Attached Thumbnails
MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0118.jpg   MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0123.jpg   MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0134.jpg   MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0135.jpg   MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0138.jpg  

MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0139.jpg   MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0140.jpg   MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0141.jpg   MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0142.jpg   MM Aviation TBD Devastator-img_0143.jpg