Thread: KC-135R art
View Single Post

Old 04-25-2010, 11:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 388.23 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by willygoat View Post
Plus, you didn't have to worry about spontaneous combustion of it either! :p

I'm a big fan of the KC-135Rs. I got to go along on a refueling flight with the Nebraska Air Guard out of Lincoln, NE. It was an amazing experience I will never forget. I actually built a model of a KC-135 R and gave it to the base commander as a thank you. Bob Bendorf designed a pretty nice 135 model. It has multiple engine choices so you can do many models. I used the CFMs to make the R model.

Here's his site. Click on the pictures and the right click to down load.
Bob Bendorf's Paper Models- "click "on the picture to enter site! This site has papermodels that I designed for the

The model is over 3 pages of pictures. Use the first 3 pages of his Pan Am 707 build to help build it. The wing box formers can be a tad tricky.

I repainted mine into the Nebraska Air Guard colors on the tail and nose. I'm going to back and change the tail and nose #, and add nose art to match the plane I flew on.

OHHH Thank YOU for that! I'm going to grab that up before it disappears due to a web server crash or something.

I'll do "City of Spokane" and the R/T model. Though visually speaking the T model looks no different, it's just internal fuel line changes you can't see on the outside.

Yeah about that JP-7 they said you could throw a bucket of it on a fire and put the fire out. Not sure if I would try that, but considering what plane it is going in, I can nod an agreement. SR's had to have fuel that wouldn't just explode with heat of the white hot skin of the aircraft, but still be able to be ignited by the engines. Ingenious really.