View Single Post

Old 04-26-2010, 05:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
I am so very sorry to hear of your tragic losses, gomidefilho. I wish you well and will keep you in my prayers.

I started in paper modeling as therapy of sorts after 9/11. Without belaboring the point, suffice to say my office was located in downtown NYC, a block from the WTC, and I was outside when I saw the second plane hit the south tower; I felt the heat from the fire ball and saw things I have chosen to not speak about. They shut down my office for over two weeks so I was home with nothing much to do and happened upon this hobby on the internet. I decided to try a few free downloads just to pass the time, sort of moving meditation, and it really helped me relax, providing a great distraction. Since that time I always find my hour or two of modeling provides a great way to reduce stress from work and life in general. I hope you find the same relief.

I really love this build. I think your work on the landing gear is great, and love the way it looks. This is a wonderful build, particularly considering the scale. I agree, the FG models are wonderful, providing a relatively simple model yet giving a very satisfying result. I look forward to seeing more of your builds!

Thank you for sharing this build, and letting us also share in such a personal part of your life. I've been part of a number of different modeling groups over the years, but have always found paper modelers are a special type. They often become very much like a second family. I hope you find some peace and serenity in visiting this "family gathering" from time to time; I know I do. It is really hard when the site goes down from time to time, I find myself bouncing off the walls until the site is back up.:D Luckily it has been very rare on this group.

My warmest regards,
Jim