View Single Post

Old 05-04-2010, 08:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Covering up fold lines and edges

Hi team
I have a specific question in regards to covering up the fold lines and paper edges with either markers, pencils, felt tipped pens and so on.

I have tried using black felt tipped pens which are great but I would like to have more of a matching colour than just black on all the folds and edges. I have also used water soluble graphite pencils in three shades which I really like. This was suggested to me by Sakrison. However it produces a shiny edge and if you overlap (by mistake) you get a shiny pencil line that you may not be able to rub out. Also unless you put it on thick it is transparent - you also can bend the edge of the paper if you press too hard with the pencil.

My question is what to use to cover up folds and edges. And any pros and cons other than those I have mentioned. The first image of the tower base uses the graphite pencil and while it covers the white it is too transparent. The top of the tower I used black marker pen but it produces a shine.

I am still experimenting and any pointers appreciated

Many thanks

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Covering up fold lines and edges-dsc01283.jpg   Covering up fold lines and edges-dsc01284.jpg