View Single Post

Old 05-04-2010, 11:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
Same as B-Manic: Faber - Castell PITT artist pens, the ones with the brush tips. The brushes are trimmed to a very well behaved fine point, which you will appreciate.

They come in a variety of colors, you can spend a lot of money on a set with many colors or get them six at a time. I started with a Black (which can be purchased separately) and the "Landscape" set, which was good for most applications. The colors don't have to match exactly. I have added some more colors since, but those are still the ones I use the most.

I like the PITT pens because they do not bleed very much, if at all. (I have ruined some otherwise very nice models by using edge coloring that did not stay on the edges.) And also because most of the colors seem to get a little lighter when they dry. That way if you want it a little darker you can make another pass.

They are a bit pricey, but I think they are worth it. It will take a long time to use them up and they have made a big difference in the quality of work I am able to turn out.

I learned about them from Red Horse when I asked him how he got such nice edges on one of his fine builds that I was admiring. Thanks, Red Horse!

Also, if you have a model with dotted lines running accross the colored portions, you can sometimes open the file and use a graphics program like Gimp to make the dotted lines go away. It can be tedious but it works.