View Single Post

Old 05-22-2010, 05:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Margie Maru is going to the store!

I am just getting ready to post a Kit Announcement for Margie Maru.
ACES of ecardmodels - Maj. Jack T Bradley

I have exhausted efforts to find out the crew names that may appear on the engine cowling!
And so I am putting the Pilots name there and leaving it at that.

I have the one vintage photo that may or may not show crew names just ahead of the Cockpit.
Many of these Mustangs had Pilot, Crew Chief and Armament crew names painted near the cockpit.
There is a pretty good "profile" artwork of this aircraft (I don't know the artist) that shows something that resembles crew names,
but they are nothing but scribbles in the painting. As if the artist didn't know exactly what was there either!

I appreciate the effort of all those who tried to help me with this issue.
In the end, I think the model is sufficiently accurate and the inclusion of the Pilot's name on the engine cowling should be as close to accurate as possible under the circumstances.
Check out the kit announcement thread for a look at the finished cowling name.

.................................................. ............................

Still no info on how well the new Mustang wing root fairings are working.
if they turn out to be a usable improvement, I will release them as an update sheet.

My goal will be to create one sheet with a number of the new fairings, finished in various paint schemes to match all my different Mustang repaints.
if you bought any of my Mustangs, you can just download the sheet and find the pair of fairings that fits your kit.
The sheet will be available for free through ecardmodels once its done.

.................................................. .............................

I had two more Mustangs to finish (for the ACES series),
"The Hun Hunter" ...Pilot Henry Brown and
"Shellalagh" ...Pilot Kenneth Dahlberg

however I may put these on hold for a while and complete another 'stang that wasn't on the Aces list:

"Bonnie B" ...Pilot Don Beerbower
who was apparently the 9th AF leading Ace, also awarded the Silver Star.

Any opinions on any of that?