Remaining nose sections were completed essentially in the same manner as 1 & 2. Because of the increasing taper, I attempted to apply compound curvature by burnishing the interior of the skins on my palm after I rolled them with my chopstick. This burnishing tended to 'flatten' the roll, and vice versa, so it was a balancing act to meet both goals. Also, achieving a butt joint with the curvature was more difficult as the cuts I had to make were not strictly straight. Consequently, if you look at the bottom joint line it is not nearly as neat as the top!:o
I also re-established the compound curvature by burnishing through the center holes once the sections were completed and had dried a bit. Interior access was very useful!
The third image shows the completed nose. I glued all the sections together and then formed up the nose "cap". The cap was pre-formed in my palm, and since it was sized to the original skin diameters, it also had to be trimmed. Once it was shaped and it's seam glued, I applied it to the nose tip by first 'tacking' it at the point of the centerline mark (so alignment was established) then I had to 'wrestle' the last section and the cap parts a bit, gluing incrementally until I got the best butt joint possible. Given the amount of "fettling" on the skins, I think it turned out okay.
Note, however, the amount of wobble of the underside profile due to my seam work. As I said earlier, I got better as I went along.
(To be con't)