Thread: USS Texas BB 35
View Single Post

Old 06-04-2010, 11:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
USS Texas BB 35

I'm using this posting to mark my territory regarding the clamor from a small few to produce a detailed model of the USS Texas. Seeing as how I still have a lot to do finishing up the Colorado, I imagine this thread is going to go slow. I've assembled my team for assisting in the effort, even though at least one of them doesn't know yet that he is on it. Ryan Short and Jim Krazulis are assigned technical support positions, and Boats will take on the beta build whenever I manage to get it to that stage. I still need someone who is a skilled old-school designer (non-3d) to advise with some of the trickier stuff, like figuring out cutting the old casemates into the hull side. In a larger sense, I'm hoping that all of you are on board, and will use this thread to provide your input. In order to prove that the project is actually started (and to fill in the time while waiting for the postman to deliver the new super-hootie daylight bulb I had to order for my building lamp), I have the first cut at the deck done. For the person worrying about that kind of thing, I will do a "deck gray" wartime version of the deck as well.

USS Texas BB 35-deck-small.jpgUSS Texas BB 35-deck-part.jpg

The deck bmp file is about 90 Meg, and the jpg at medium quality setting is still on the order of 4 Meg. Trying to attach an image in a manner that still does it justice is a challenge, to say the least.