View Single Post

Old 07-20-2007, 02:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.31 MB
Today we have the forward fuselage sections, including some built up structures I'm calling "vent boxes" for want of a better term.
This is the forward 2 sections assembled, then a WPS section is cut out. The assembled basic box and pipe are at the bottom.

Next is the box installed into the fuse sections. The pipe is an exhaust waste gate. As you'll see in later pics, there is a vane that
can be closed at the end of the pipe. When open, exhaust is emitted here at the front. when closed, the exhaust is forced to the BACK of
the plane where the turbochager lives, and is vented there after compressing intake air. I think this is one of the reasons the Jug's
fuse is so deep, since it has to duct exhaust and intake air from front to back and compressed air from back to the front. That's a
bunch of pipes! I wonder why this was put in the back? Seems like an overly complex arrangment. Perhaps for balance?
The little semi-circle seen here is added structure that will be cut off once the sections are mated.

Next image is the 2 front sections and boxes mated with the section previously attached to the main fuse sections.

Finally, the completed sections with waste gate vane and vent parts. The forward part of the box seems to hold some sort of radiators.