View Single Post

Old 02-05-2008, 05:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz 1-2/94 B-25 D Mitchell

I was delaying the construction report for the MM B-25, because, first, I wanted to have this model signed by my friend Connie Harth, a b-25 pilot veteran. But he's been sick lately and unable to grant me that wish.

Now, I looked for the kind of B-25 on Polish references, an found this:

Begin Quote:
The B-25 from Maly is from the 205 Polish Bomber Squadron "Land of Greater Poland" (Polish: 305 Dywizjon Bombowy "Ziemi Wielkopolskiej im. Marszalka Józefa Pilsudskiego") was a Polish World War II bomber unit.

In August 1943, the Squadron was moved to Swanton Morley and thereafter ceased its affiliation with Bomber Command; instead, it was absorbed into the freshly formed Second Tactical Air Force, a specialized arm of the RAF that was centered on tactical air strikes of vital enemy targets (such as bridges, supply trains, etc.) on the Continent.

During this period, 305 Squadron converted briefly to North American Mitchell light bombers before adopting the De Havilland Mosquito FB-VI, the aircraft that the Squadron operated on for the remainder of the European campaign.
End Quote.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._305...omber_Squadron

Enough of History. Today, I present the kit, and the formers on laminating cardboard (1mm).