View Single Post

Old 06-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
formers done and cockpit installed!

Everything fit together guite well. I had to make a couple of the slots a bit longer for everything to flush up and I have to trim the cockpit walls a bit shorter for some reason. I dont know how you guys cut out stuff as small as the yoke handle.... I tried twice and wrecked it both times. I ended up using my paper drill and made a 1.5 mm hole then used the 2.5 mm bit to make a donut that I squashed a bit worked well for me!

I used water color pencils for edge coloring. I am very happy with it. here is my main issue with it though... its WATERcolor. Glue is WATER based. Get a bit of glue on the parts you "painted" and its easy to spread it around.

I am particularly pleased with the edge coloring on the instrument panel - see how well it matched up with the color of the parts. I am thinking black here may have made a better deliniation on the panel though Also the last two pics show the thickened top of the fuselage. I showed a pic from the top to show how well the water colors matched up and I showed a pic from the bottom so you can see how well it covered.
Thanks
Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-fokkereiii1.jpg   Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-fokkereiii2.jpg   Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-fokkereiii3.jpg   Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-fokkereiii4.jpg   Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-fokkereiii5.jpg  

Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-fokkereiii6.jpg   Fokker E.III. (381/15) Turkish Air Service Summer 1916-fokkereiii7.jpg