View Single Post

Old 02-10-2008, 12:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Kartonowa Kolekcja #2 - Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero

After finishing the P-40 I felt strong urge to restore balance to the Universe so I decided to build something Japanese

This model was designed by Pawel Mistewicz and it is basically the same kit as was published by Maly Modelarz in 2000. The difference being different camo, separate control surfaces and weathering. Model depicts plane flown by Lt Yukio Seki during his attack on Taffy 3 when he led unit of five bomb-armed Zeros with the goal of performing kamikaze attack.

I decided to build the plane exactly as designed, keeping any changes to the minimum.
First of them was the result of placing of the pilot in the cockpit. I had to remove the black area on the forward frame to allow pilot's legsto fit and also mount the seat directly on the aft former insted of the flimsy supports provided by the designer. This is actually the only weak spot of this model (few years ago I built the MM version...).
Second change is the cutout in the former to accept the radio direction finder antenna.

Now to the photos....
Attached Thumbnails
Kartonowa Kolekcja #2 - Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero-kk_2_zero_01.jpg   Kartonowa Kolekcja #2 - Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero-kk_2_zero_02.jpg