View Single Post

Old 07-25-2010, 08:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser

Hi everyone!
Been away for some time, too busy with university and ordinary life BUT now I'm back with something new on the workbench. well... to be honest, I HAD to get back to paper because of... my girlfriend! yes, that's right: she saw my gallery on flickr, then my models "face to face" and literally fell in love with the Rebel Transport, so....eheh, she asked me to give it to her and I answered NO WAY!!! :D thus I had to set apart all my projects and think about a new model for her. let's see: she loves my rebel transport (because it looks like a shell), she comes from a sea town and she likes shells... ok, the game is done: I need a new shell but, being it a present for her, it must be bigger and better than the previous one. this model will be more or less 36 cm long and better engineered (I hope so!) than my other attempts and works, and I also have a term this time I must respect: her birthday, in the beginning of November. so, considering the few free time I'm going to have till those days, let's hope to build it smoothly
anyway, this is another readaptation of something seen in the movies: I called it Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser, 200 m in lenght, equipped with heavy artillery in order to damage quickly Empire cruisers.
the pics show you its general shape, but it's raw yet, lacking some important details like the remaining side-turrets (16 in total), all the escape pods (6 or 8, I have to decide) and other things (the aerials structure). moreover, as for all the artillery in the frontal "mouth", well... I'm not sure about the lateral turrets, so maybe they could change into something different...
last pic is what I've done in these days: all the backbones for the shells.
hope you like!
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-s1.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-s2.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-s3.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-s4.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-s5.jpg  

Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000642-custom-.jpg