View Single Post

Old 07-27-2010, 08:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 60.55 MB
More of a general design thread

So Im tired of clogging up the place with different threads, and as I tend to be quite proficient while working, Ill just post everything in this 1 thread. I hope to eventually convert most of this to at least simple kits, if not more detailed in the future, but we'll see how that goes.

For now, I finished a small project, and started a releated HUGE one.
Firstly, a genericish Fast Attack submarine, similar to the Los Angeles class...
23" long makes it about 1/188 scale...

This model taught me that there is a TON of math involved in making a rounded model that tapers off and changes shape, at least when doing it on paper anyway...

Secondly, I today started a much bigger, and more accurate version, this time an Ohio class SSBN, seems they are about 44' in diameter, so 1/44 scale seemed appropriate. The hull will be 12" in diameter for the rounded part, plus the missile door housing above, and overall will be around 12' 8" in length. The work im doing so far at work is mostly testing, and wont be part of the completed model. I want to make it so the missile doors will open to reveal missiles inside.

Anyway, Ill post updates as I can, and I apologize for the low quality pics, cameras are a no-no at work, so I have to be sneaky with my cell phone.

Later,
Ted