View Single Post

Old 07-28-2010, 03:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 60.55 MB
OK, couldnt bring myself to go to bed yet, so 1 last update, 2/3 of the hull is mostly done, other than some minor tweaks to where the 2 hull shapes converge at the bow. Some info, I design around my printer, which takes normal 8.5 x 11 inch paper, so all the main segments are 7 inches in length, allowing for .75 on either side for tabs with the width of the paper. Im not sure how it will work out when I lay it out in Pepa, but it should be interesting. Unfortunatly, for this ill have to make assemblys off all the formers, using joining strips, but again, ill figure all that out as I lay it out. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Measured it against the blueprints im using in max, and it came to 152" at the base of the prop, perfect for the 12' 8" i calculated for 1/44 scale :D, always nice when a plan comes together. with the prop it will be just under 13' I imagine. Later...

p.s. 1 more thought, I have no intention of texturing this, as it would be a grotesque waste of ink. this will definatly be a painted model

Ted