View Single Post

Old 07-30-2010, 10:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Fuselodge and skin assembly

Ahoy fellas
Knocked off for the night did alot for the day. for the update build I skinned and assembled the fuselodge assembly resulting in a strong fuselodge frame, A very clever idea that Mr. Zorn incorporated like that of the passenger cabin all boxed substructure with the skin veneering over it. very remarkable. after the last attachment I finished the forward fuselodge skin and let this assembly dry while I constructed the rea section. all boxed in substructure makeing it ready to skin, After I let the substructure dry I went to the decoration for United Airlines color schedule. Here as mentioned before the kit gives you a choice of airline companys. The decoration is all paper you cut it out and cement into position where indicated. I gave the canopy frames and front section skin another coat of blue color from my color pencil set. The second coat really brings out the color. Letting these dry for the night I went ahead and installed the rear fuselodge section and burnished it in you can hardley see where the joining seam is at when you put the rear Airline logo on over the seam it will even hide it more. This truely is a wonderfull kit, It is a shame that this kit isn,t reissued, it would make one heck of a must for the card modler in mind. For tommorow I will add the decoration and do some more burnishing and i will proceed with the stabilizer and rudder assembly. here are the attachments for the night.