View Single Post

Old 08-10-2010, 12:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
I have as a next step constructed and installed the swimming pool.
Pic 1 shows the template to check the right size and fit, and in pic 2 the pool is cut out in nice turquoise coloured paper and glued in shape.
As I explained earlier, the pool is decorated with a large mosaic reaching up to the lido deck. I made that by stapling brown and blue coloured paper together and cutting out a tiny map of the world simultaneously through both layers, pic 3. Because of that technique, the parts were cut out in the same size, so I could insert the brown world continents into the blue world oceans. A cris-cros carving over the combination gave a nice (I think) mosaic effect. Pics 4 and 5 show how the pool and mosaic now look like.
Finally, I dry fitted the lido deck, see pic 6. It is fun to build all this, but in the end, it will all be covered by the lido deck for the larger part. Ah, well, on to the funnel etc.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-22-1-template-swimming-pool.jpg   Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-22-2-constructing-pool.jpg   Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-22-3-making-decor-mosaic.jpg   Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-22-4-dry-fitting-pool.jpg   Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-22-5-pool-installed.jpg  

Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-22-6-lido-deck-dry-fitted.jpg