View Single Post

Old 08-22-2010, 08:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
Hello all,
I have been working on the funnel and its base, pic 1. The base deckhouse contains a number of ventilation louvres,which I made from dark coloured card, with white thin strips glued with spacing onto it. In pic 3 you can see the result. The funnel is straightforward, I measured its correct model size from the plans, and printed out the shape in that size from a vintage cardmodel that I have in my collection. I transferred this shape onto orange and black shiny card and assembled the funnel, pic 2.
Now is the time to put the lido finally in its place. First however, there are two support posts on the swimming pool deck, to support the lido. The result is in pic 4. Unfortunately the changing cabins and the bar tend to disappear in this arrangement.
In pic 5. the bridge wing are installed, just a double strip of white, bend in the shape of the bridge wing and glued to the deck.
The time has come to prepare all the railings and strips to mark the deck edges and attach them to the ship. I like this parts best, it really gives the impression of a real ship, with all the railings.
And so the ship starts to look like a true oceanliner, as in pic 6 and 7. One of these days I must start to think about davits and life boats.
If you have any questions or good advice, I would really like to hear that. Anything to improve your skills!
See you next time.
R
Attached Thumbnails
Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-23-1-funnel-base-preparation.jpg   Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-23-2-building-funnel.jpg   Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-23-3-supports-lido-deck.jpg   Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-23-4-lido-deck-place.jpg   Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-23-5-bridge-wing.jpg  

Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-23-6-bridge-railing-funnel.jpg   Dutch Royal Mail ms Oranje-23-7-overview-so-far.jpg