View Single Post

Old 02-28-2008, 07:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you all for your very kind and welcoming comments.

I really enjoy reading the discussions, laughing at your humor, and admiring your beautiful models. I will not be doing much posting myself, but will be silently lurking, and enjoying being an observer of your camaraderie.
It has been interesting to see Don grappling with the Hampden model and I know he appreciates all the help and encouragement he has received from so many of you. I don’t know if he will finish it successfully and on time, but maybe it is a hopeful sign that last night he was sitting at his desk, holding the half-finished model at arm’s length, and making rumbling noises that he assures me is the sound of a pair of Bristol Pegasus engines echoing off the surface of the North Sea from an altitude of 500 feet on a moonless night.

My greatest fear is that Mr. Trotskiy will issue a new Japanese airplane on the same morning that Don has to give a lecture. If you hear of an Army War College professor getting fired for arriving two hours late for class and, instead of lecturing on classical Chinese military theory or the Russo-Japanese War, puzzling the audience by explaining the differences between version 2.5a and 2.5b of the Tokyo Gasu Denki Type 97 torpedo bomber, that will be my husband.

Love and good luck to you all.

Lil