View Single Post

Old 08-29-2010, 09:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Willygoat, I'm just butt gluing with Aleene's quick dry tacky glue, with the occasional drop of CA to fuse difficult parts together.

I kept the neighbors up most the night with the screams of tortured paper. Part 18 (the top of the part with the N810LR registration) has the cursive instructions to "fold from back". This piece also forms the bottom of the engine compartment. Since is wasn't intuitive how to fold this piece, I started gluing the obvious front section and see what it looks like when I finished. When I went to fit part 19 (engine compartment sides) it didn't exactly fit with part 18, so I'm sure I messed it up somehow.

For the rotor shaft, I choose to use a bamboo skewer purchased from a large package at the local dollar store. It will rotate inside a clear plastic drinking straw. To keep the straw from shifting, I used a tongue depressor cut into sections to make a reinforced top piece and a lower plate glued to the helicopter's rear doors. This provides a strong rotor shaft that can rotate and take the abuse of many little hands playing with it. Also, the rotor shaft is removable for shipment or repairs.
Attached Thumbnails
Bell 206L Long Ranger build report-104_2669.jpg   Bell 206L Long Ranger build report-104_2672.jpg   Bell 206L Long Ranger build report-104_2676.jpg   Bell 206L Long Ranger build report-104_2675.jpg   Bell 206L Long Ranger build report-104_2677.jpg