View Single Post

Old 09-07-2010, 11:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Dave Graffam's Tudor Shop

I've bought a couple of Mr. Graffam's models from ECardmodels but this is the first of them I've actually built, with the intention of sending it to Chris for sale (I hope) at his craft fair.

The building is a generic, Tudor-style small building, branded as a "shop" but it could also work as small inn, residence, or other middling building. The graphics are sharp and beautifully detailed. The kit is single-layer, with bonus models of a privy and various crates and chests (for its guise as a shop or mercantile establishment).

All right angles, it could not have been an easier build- it was done in about three hours, counting drying time. A feature Mr. Graffam uses that I wish more designers utilized is that of carrying the graphics over onto the build tab or past the fold line, alleviating much of the need for edge-coloring. I also added some patches cut from a "garden tile" I printed up from Mr. Graffam's garden set, to add extra visual appeal to the bases of the privy and main building. All in all, a lot of fun to build, and quick! Next time I'll be down-scaling it to HO, this one was built at full size.

Enjoy,

Wyvern