View Single Post

Old 09-12-2010, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcold View Post
I like the redesign better. It has sort of a xwingish aesthetics in it, with that long and aerodynamic forward fuselage and 4 valves at the aft :D Good luck, I'm sure it will be awesome!
thanx man!

well, "hiccupping" as always, a bit more progress :D
in order:

- first three pics show the upper hull shield, mostly done (99%) and I have to say that like it! I think it's very good, both shape and panelling. maybe I'll add a bunch of squared/rectangular tiny panels in the end, randomly

- next three: I'm going to fill all the empty spaces in the backbone of the shields with this type of foam, very soft. it's commonly used for ikebana, flowers compositions etc; once cut and glued I cover it with white glue and let dry, in order to have a hard surface to glue the shield strongly

- next three: the "fins" two out of three done. you can also see the bare inner structure of the third one and its uncutted cover. in the next-to-last pic there's the "problem" I had to solve building this component: gluing the ribs, the paper made creases from one rib to the other, resembling more or less a paper chain (due to paper thickness, I think), so I had to glue those toothpicks to spread the paper. I think there are other smarter ways to do it, but that was the only one I found out, so if you have alternatives, please let me know

- last one: common toilet rolls but they work perfectly! I only need to cover them and add details heavily

hope you like!
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000760.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000761.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000762.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000765.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000767.jpg  

Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000768.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000769.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000770.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000771.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000772.jpg  

Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000774.jpg