View Single Post

Old 09-23-2010, 04:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Next you fold the strips all to the center of their track link, so that 2 hold a rod from the one side and 1 from the other...

...and now you can see the next mistake i made: the spaces between the stripes are too big, while they should be there, to allow the links to move, but not that big, which makes my tracks even more unstable...

Ok, if you survived till this stage, you are almost finished... you can see that the glue has made these typical lines everywhere, you can see the glitter on the surface... thatīs not a problem, unless they connect the stripes of two different links, or worse, the little space between folded stripe and the next link...

Donīt be too eager to remove them though, wait till the glue is hardened a little bit and then cut them with your cutter-knive or your scalpel very carefully to not cut the paper...

When the glue is hardened enouth you can go to the final stage: cutting out the 2 card stripes... But be careful: if you worked good the steel rods should be still free in the little tubes of paper stripes, so (if you worked really good) they could fall out to the sides... Well i didnīt work that good and saw the problem later: i had put little amounts of glue on the rods, which glued to the paper and after beginning to move the whole thing gave free the rods,
creating therefore an even better anti-friction , but because of the fact they didnīt fall out in the beginning they therefore began to go out constantly later. If you saw the video you didnīt see the whole story: i had to press the rods back in the tubes after every single take again and again and again...

Avoid this by gluing additional little stripes of paper on the little holes on the sides... a thing i just hadnīt the patience to do anymore, i had worked on the track about 7/8 hours to this point and just wanted to play with it...

Last edited by Vorcha; 09-23-2010 at 04:55 AM.