Thread: Panther turm
View Single Post

Old 09-27-2010, 06:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 190.42 MB
Thank you for your comments
Hi Doug:
I thin Tamiya putty with odorless acethone, something I find here in regular supermarkets or convinience stores. I mention odorless as there is a scented variant.
After sanding with two types of sandpaper (can't recall the specs, but they are very, very fine), I inflicted some damage to the paper. You can notice on the turret, the photo with the rusty brown I used as a pre-shading.
I use 1.5 to 2 PSI on the compressor and a very common Aztek airbrush. The paint falls like a cloud and I avoid soaking the paper. I have not noticed any difference of absortion. I guess it might absorb more on the "bruises". By the way, I thin the Tamiya acrylics with rubbing alcohol, something we can also buy here on any store.
On a later model that I haven't finished yet, I tested a polishing cotton ball on a Dremel (what is the correct name for that cotton ball....). I noticed some improvement.
I try to plan ahead and harden the surface of paper with cyano glue. It helps a lot, but you have to wipe off the excess imediatly otherwise it will dry hard and the surface is definitly ruined.
So far no washes, I don't want to push my luck...
I used instead pastel chalk either rubbing with the fingers or just using them as a regular pencil.
Best regards
Carlos