Thread: Panther turm
View Single Post

Old 09-27-2010, 07:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 190.42 MB
1st photo
The pine tree needles were home made with pieces of rope made with natural fiber. I soaked them on a tint to restore leather. I spent two days separating them, as after drying they turn into a clump.
2nd photo
I tried to make a simple composition. The dominant being the bunker, forming a triangle with the tree stump and the small retaining wall with the flowers. I tried to make a small rotation to avoid an orthogonal organization of the space. Never before I placed the parts parallel to one of the sides of the diorama, but in this case I had interesting details that should be obvious to see, I mean the stairs and the door, the only area that gives the notion of the height of the buried bunker.
The camouflage net is an “after-market” or to be more exact, a supermarket after-product. It is used here to pack garlic and small packs of onions. In Poland you might find in Biedronka supermarkets, owned by the same company where I shop here in Portugal. They give a 20cm grid. Judging form period photos it can be acceptable.
3rd photo
Left-hand side of the diorama. I used black cardboard to cover the “box”
4th photo
The geometry of the edge makes it look like an architecture model, but the contrast of colors turns this rear elevation an interesting view.
5th photo
The right-hand side of the diorama. Although quite light, I can detect some fragility in the way I applied the finhishing black cardboard. I think that in the next project of this size I'l use the old way of making book covers, the corners wraped in tissue. It might be a more resilient way and I think it would be "within" the paper language.
Attached Thumbnails
Panther turm-pt-dtlng-02pm.jpg   Panther turm-pt-top-01pm.jpg   Panther turm-pt-lh-finished-01pm.jpg   Panther turm-rear-01-fullres.jpg   Panther turm-pt-rh-finished-01pm.jpg  

Last edited by carlos filipe; 09-27-2010 at 07:51 PM. Reason: wrong subtittles