View Single Post

Old 10-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
I also forgot to mention that I did not ge the second table so I think my display was too cluttered...

One guy stopped by my table and looked at it and said "This is your first craft fair isnt it....." Bad sign! But he followed up with lots of help

He told me that in some cases less is more. It was too hard to see the individual planes and since my real goal was to sell kits and not the planes themselves (although that was intended too but not the main directive) he suggested I get more creative with my display. Suggested a green felt table cover with a runway on it if possible some hangars and such possibly build a BIG control tower out of paper to put above and behind the table to attract attention. LED lights along the runway etc etc. make a real scene that will show fewer planes but make it seem more real and induce people to want to talk about them. Say maybe have ONE of each type of plane on display but have many liveries printed for each plane type when someone shows interest. If the display gets bought put up another plane to replace it.

Also get planes up off the ground by suspending with poles with a line run between them. This will get peoples attention from afar....

If I do this idea I will likely build in a modular format to fit different table sizes much like building a modular train layout. Power can run through prefabbed connectors (If I add electricity) This is just food for thought as it takes a lot of time i dont have right now
Chris