Thread: clean PVA glue!
View Single Post

Old 10-25-2010, 05:07 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Hello gkots,

You are on the right path with your line of questions. I will see if I can help
1) If you catch it quick enough, you can carefully wipe some of the glue off. Sometimes, if it dries, you can scrape or peel it off.
2) Yes, you can spray the printed sheet to help "set" the ink into the paper, and to a limited extent, seal it. I use a sealant, Krylon, and it allows me to peel excess glue from the part without damage. Most of the time!
3) It is hard to recommend a specific brand to you, as what is available in one country may not me available in another.
4) Tricks and tips - Use as little glue as possible. Most glue errors come from using to much. It seeps out of the seam, thus making a smear or mess, and the water content can fray and warp the edges.

Also, generally, the thicker the PVA, the less water is in it, and the better it is for assembly.

When I was in Europe, and alot of Europeans, use a German adhesive made by UHU. it does work extremely well if you can get it.

Hope this answers some of your questions. There are others with much more knowledge than I, perhaps they can add information for you.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!