View Single Post

Old 07-23-2007, 05:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 12.31 MB
That's a nifty idea! And it makes me wonder. I've got some Testors "window maker" cement that I suspect is similar. I wonder if flowing this stuff on TOP of what I've done here would work? Perhaps I'll do a test part and see.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
Rick,

I've experimented with Aleene's Paper Glaze for filling instrument dials, portholes and openings for wing lights etc. The glaze comes in a bottle that has a nice dispenser for application. Glazing openings are filled by applying a bead from the backside beginning on the edge and working around the opening spiraling in toward the center until it's filled. Examine the filled area carefully. Use a needle point from the back side to attach any areas around the edge that the glaze has not attached to. Let dry in a horizontal position. The glaze will shrink when dry but remains flexible which allows it to be bent into shape for the leading edge. For a wing tip light a carrier needs to be made to allow the lens to be formed and cut out for installation when dry. The glaze can easily be tinted after it's dry.

-Gil