Thread: ALERT!!!
View Single Post

Old 10-14-2008, 09:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.19 MB
Re: ALERT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing
just wanted to share....

if you have pep 3 open and the model in meta open at the same time, if you reload the model in pep3 it askes if you want to moniter changes to the model. if you say yes pep 3 will automatically reload any changes you do to the model in meta when you save it.

more than worth the 10$ to upgrade!!
Yeah, that and the CTRL-K function (I forgot the name of that function though...) It allows you to quickly find out what part of the model that odd 2d fragment belongs to. Let's say you've just added a couple of new faces or objects to your already unfolded model. After issuing the Reload-Model function, those new objects will be auto-unfolded. Pepakura is really bad at auto-unfolding. You'll end up with some loose shards of unfolded segments scattered all over your 2d-window along with your neatly unfolded stuff. Using the CTRL-K and clicking on those unidentified fragments --- Pepakura will highlight and point out where in the 3d model those fragments belongs to.

I also like the facelifted tab editing functions. I can now select multiple tabs at and do a group edit of them.

RE: Keep Monitoring
I just wish that pepakura would trully keep monitoring the 3d model file. For now, the "Keep Monitoring" function will only work for your current pepakura session.
The next time you reload your PDO file, you'll have to tell Pepakura to re-load the 3D file again. Minor inconvenience...