View Single Post

Old 10-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Re: Copyright (c) - How to

Yeah - I am not totally convinced papermakeit does however make a strong argument.

I do know a person or two that deals with copyright law specifically and he may not be right on with his thoughts.

Having a EULA is EXTREMELY important and I cant stress it enough for anyone that designs freee models and does not want anyone to sell their stuff straight out.

Personally I think its morally wrong to sell anyones work without giving them credit. However its hard to say no, you cant sell it to anyone since even the designer opted to give it away for free (without EULA). I will do whatever I can to protect ANYONE that designs for sale (much easier) or for free (harder to convince the offenders or hosters) that asks for my assitance.

If anyone that reads this knows of any independent designers that may not be represented here (sellers or not) that may benefit from our searching pirate sites for models please do let me know. If I can get authrorization and a link to their EULA page on their own site (or the EULA here if they decide to sell with me - I really gotta get that up - just too much to do) it will become much easier to find and report pirated models. Please refer them to me directly or to the site in general

All I can offer is my (and my authorized people) help in reporting what we find. We do out best to help all independent designers. For some reason, its very difficult to get buy in from the major houses (modelik, halinksi, gpm etc etc) to even allow me to act as an authorized agent on their behalf. After I am a little more established I will approach them again.

Thanks!
Chris