View Single Post

Old 01-23-2010, 02:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Movement measurement - at this point the movement unit is 5cm. Destroyers move at speed 15 which equals 75cm. That's huge! The cruisers move at 8 (40cm) and 10 (50cm) speeds. I'm almost afraid to ask how fast fighters will move :P

Anyways, in two moves a destroyer will move 1,5m which is almost entire table length. I know that we aim at a fast game, but for me it's tad too fast. I propose to change the movement unit to 1 inch - approx half of the speed now. The game will be playable on smaller tables too (and easier to play for Americans I suppose).

Second thing - the rules say that turning yellow cost 1/4 of movement, red 1/2 of movement. Destroyer will then move 15 units (75cm) in green, 11,25 units (56,25cm) in yellow and 7,5units (37,5cm) in red :/

The numbers are not very friendly. Perhaps it would help if the speeds would be multiplications of 4 - for example 16 in green would translate into 12 in yellow and 8 in red. The other idea would be to round the numbers (up or down).

It would be helpful if the speed would be repeated at each color zone (in the flame picture) - in the case of speed 8 (the Mars cruiser) it would be 8 in green, 6 in yellow, 4 in red and none in grey. No need for calculating in head equals faster movement phase.