Thread: Kolywopter
View Single Post

Old 04-18-2008, 02:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
No pictures this time around.. sorry. Just a quick update to let you all know that I am indeed alive and working on the kolywopter.

I've had to redesign the wing extensor assembly a bit . The wing assemblies turned out to be thinner than I'd originally anticipated. I've also redesigned the hinge of the cabin doors so that they're simpler and will open more reliabley. I've got some nice, juicy fat wheels designed for the landing gear and am pleased with how they look. I've also discovered a better way to make the scaffolding of the tail boom. Instead of the complicated peg and holder set-up I had originally designed.

Am having trouble finding a decent photo of a simple set of flight controls. I'm not a pilot myself, and only have a rudimentary understanding of how the whole set up works. Have been looking at other paper models, but there are few paper models with any detail in the cockpit.. if at all. I know I need to have foot controls and at least a stick. This has to look feasable since nearly the entire front half of the kolywopter cabin is transperant and all my design mistakes will be immediatly obvious! If any of you more knowledgeable folks have any suggestions as to where I can go for some good research material on the net, I'd appreciate it.

I can't believe how frustrating it is to be held back by my technical ignorance. I have several really fun little vehicles already designed and ready to start the creation process... but I'm bottlenecked by my inability to use the appropriate 3-D software yet. I'm trying tho... oh yes... every spare moment I have... I feel like I'm trying to learn how to fly the plane while I'm... well.. flying it.

Waiting in line behind the kolywopter are two little workhorse submarines and two land vehicles to transform into 3-D models. Each design emulating similarities with the kolywopter. Large, transparent windows and swooping curves all along the "steampunk" line of thinking. Kinda Jules Vern meets Dr. Spock.

David