View Single Post

Old 11-13-2010, 07:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by outersketcher View Post
It was neat to see the photos from the very first notebook scribbles to the final thing.
Thank you.
Please continue with more of these.
Thanks for your words

This is the first time I ever design a paper model, and I'm liking it!!! :D
I will surely make some more things in the future. Don't know what, but I will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
She is a beauty! A suggestion? If you take about 4 feet of steel wire, tie one end to something solid, thank steadily pull it, you will feel it give and the subsequent wire will be very stiff. Once cut into small pieces (2 or 3 inches) they become very very stiff and sandwiched between struts could make for pretty solid assemblies. This is how you harden wire. Works great for axles of biplanes, propeller shafts for rubber band planes, wing wring on the cross sections, like real bi-planes, they won't stress out the paper.

This what we did when I worked for a company that made aircraft instrument parts. It works with any gauge wire, it just gets a little tricking with really thin stiff. Works great on Silver wire also.

The plane needs nothing. I only offfer this suggestion because I (still) play with most things I build, even if it is just siting on the sofa making vroom and rat ta tatat tat sounds.
Thanks for this interesting suggestion!
It sounds like a nice add-on and a great way to add strenght to a model when they go on those special missions :D