View Single Post

Old 11-16-2010, 10:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 461.4 KB
Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)

Hi @ all!

After finding my way into the model business again and seeing all those wonderful paper models here I started my new project in paper, not in balsa wood like my last one (Koga Elbląska 1:100). This time I try a bigger vessel, the Mayflower. The size of the model will be about the same like my cog, just a little bit taller...

First I wanted to do it from the Maly Modelarz 03/2001. But I got this plans from my brother which are more accurate from 1976 by 'Waldemar Nowy' (Gdańsk/Poland). Originally this plans are 1:50 but I do not have so much space here (the Finnish apartments are really small! :p ) so I scaled them down to 1:100. Now I do not know about the copyrights with this old plans if I am allowed to post them here for a download. Does anybody has an Idea about it (plans older than 30 years)?

Anyway... So I started. I assume this is called 'scratch built' because I have to do all the parts by myself based on the plans. After careful consideration and studying the plans with a little thinking help in form of beer I made the first parts for the hull frame.

Here two pics for the start, more is about to follow as soon as I have time for the posting.

Regards,
Radek
Attached Thumbnails
Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf_000.jpg   Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf_001.jpg