View Single Post

Old 11-17-2010, 11:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Very nice!

Ruben, thank you for sharing your design process with everyone. Good point about the need for interation during the design - nothing is perfect the first time!

Regarding simplicity/complexity - I believe you have struck a good balance for a 'beginner' model. Whether *all* 8-year olds could meet it's challenge could be discussed, however, I certainly think any 10-year old (of normal development) would have the needed dexterity. I have run many 'make & take' plastic modeling events, and have found children do not fit any standard 'mold', at least not simply based on their age. All are individuals and the only rule is that they follow their own pace and path. What is important to remember is that a challenge never hurt anyone who at least makes the attempt. Good lessons are everywhere, just as there are *bad* ones!

By including a picture of the finished model, you have included the inspiration as well as the means. Good job!

Pulping joy to all!
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale