View Single Post

Old 11-18-2010, 08:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 461.4 KB
First steps

The first thing I learned by making a model from plans is that the side view shows the position of the decks not in the center of the longitudinal axis but on the very side of the ship.
A deck is not straight from larboard to starboard but curved, so the water can flow towards the wateway and off the ship (similar to roads and streets on land). In order to make a center frame part that would fit the deck there, I needed to adjust it. The first two pics show what I mean. Hope this clarify things a little bit...

The third pic shows a 1mm gap because of the part for the stern that will be mounted there made out of a 1mm thick carton. Generally all the frame parts needed to be trimmed about 1mm on their sides because of the plank covering. So the lateral parts of the frames do not end where the longitudinal one ends at the keel but 1mm above. Still the keel will be attached to the bottom edge.

Just some thoughts that arose during this part of the build...

Regards,
Radek
Attached Thumbnails
Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf_011.jpg   Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf_012.jpg   Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf_013.jpg  
In the Garage: PANHARD AML20