View Single Post

Old 12-11-2010, 11:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
Dear Mike:
Are you going paint with High Temp auto paint or are you going to print the color as usual in a paper model? Also what RC parts and radio are you going to use? Are you going to fly in winter to land on soft powder snow.
GOOD LUCK,
Miles
Miles this is the color that I'm doing it in. I don't think painting it is an opting due to the possibility of it catching fire.

The radio will be up to who ever buys it, if anybody. After it is completed, it will go for auction on eBay.

I do have some electrical parts that I plan to install,they will be removed so that the buyer can use their own preferrred servos etc..

I am not qualified to fly this one. I have very limited experience as a RC pilot. I crash so often that after 13-flights an A10 wasn't repairable. Did I mention that was 13 flights out of 13 total?

Been in touch with a local hobby shop to find a pilot. There is someone who might work out. Model will only be flown if she approves of the design!

I plan to static test run the engine in timed steps to see if anything looks like it is changing color.

The whole lower third of the engine will be covered with the ceramic paper. This should reflect the heat back into the engine, not allowing much to be transmitted by radiation towards the paper. Stainless Steel wire will be used to attach it to the engine belly.

Since there needs to be a connection of engine to cardstock, the ceramic paper will sandwich insulate the stainless steel clamps that will be use.

The fuel line will go over the top of the Front Engine mount protecting the mount as it goes towards the wye that splits the fuel into the into the twin intakes.

A section of the aluminum fuel line will be cut lengthwise and then placed on top of the Rudder and Vertical Stabilizer Fin. This will be used during the static test to see how much heat is actually reaching the top here.

The connection of the Vert. Fin and Engine is the nearest they get to each other (cardstock/engine exhaust pipe). Aluminum melts at a much lower temp than stainless steel. It should protect the cardstock long enough for the first couple of timed tests.

This would show that more ceramic protection is needed if the paper underneath changes colors.

Yes, I plan to use the cold air temps during the static testing of the engine. The powder snow is the best landing zone possible, if it is dry cold snow. Below 15 deg F will work great!

If the model survives the intial ground static runs, i.e.; don't have to use the fire extinguisher, the movement through the air will help protect the model during flight.

Thank you for your interest!

Best regards,
Mike Bauer