View Single Post

Old 01-02-2011, 09:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73mmhearse View Post
well, when i click download it gos to the next screen that said
"Slow Down! You are trying to download files too quickly. You must wait 55 seconds before you may download another file." yet i havent downloaded a file yet. ive found a few others that do this to me. but most of them work fine. im gust frustrated that the 2 i want the most i cant git. and i cant find them anywhere else on the net.

and, the .rar files would be fine.
thanks for replying buy the way!
OK what browser are you using. I use safari as my main browser and it does not always work with downloads so I jump into internet explorer for the odd one or two problems I have and it works. So have you tried another browser?

The message you are getting is not a problem either it is to stop programs doing a mass download from the same IP address. It protects the web site from those that would just steal stuff using automated scripts and also the huge bandwidth usage that could occur as well but I digress. But that is not a problem just do what it is telling you and wait. While you have not downloaded anything it logs you clicking the button and you cannot try again until the time has elapsed. It does not know you had a problem.

Try another browser and see how that goes. As most of us have said this works just fine for us. You might just have some settings wrong.

Cheers
Jim