View Single Post

Old 01-13-2011, 01:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Michael - thanks for putting me right about the correct name for Kraków!

On another note: Bestpapermodels - who maintains a regular thread on this site - has come out with a winter livery for the Po-2, which I wasn't aware of. The model represents the plane used on Eastern Front by the Frenchs in the Normandie-Niemen unit.

Bestpapermodels has a very good policy of publishing previews of their entire kits. This is how they look for the Po-2 winter livery:

Polikarpov Po-2 Kartonowa Kolekcia 1:33-po-2-normandie-nemen-winter-3.jpg Polikarpov Po-2 Kartonowa Kolekcia 1:33-po-2-normandie-nemen-winter-1.jpg Polikarpov Po-2 Kartonowa Kolekcia 1:33-po-2-normandie-nemen-winter-2.jpg Polikarpov Po-2 Kartonowa Kolekcia 1:33-po-2-normandie-nemen-winter-0.jpg

The winter livery is in addition to their regular Po-2 livery model:

In many ways this is a more attractive livery (albeit a less detailed model) than the Kartonowa Kolekcja model.

Bestpapermodels delivers their models as pdf downloads. The originals are excellent pixel-based paintings, reflecting the wear and tear of the full-size originals. The designs do not require doubling on thick card, but rely on paper boxes for wing spars (as an example).

What the designs may lack in detail is made up by the quality of the paintwork, at least in my opinion. I'm seriously contemplating kit-bashing the outer skins of the Bestpapermodels Po-2 with the interior structure and engine of the Kartonowa Kolekcja Po-2 model.

Contemplating being the operative word here...

Leif
Attached Thumbnails
Polikarpov Po-2 Kartonowa Kolekcia 1:33-polikarpov_po-2-winter.jpg   Polikarpov Po-2 Kartonowa Kolekcia 1:33-pm0032.jpg  

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 01-13-2011 at 01:15 AM.