View Single Post

Old 01-14-2011, 10:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
B-24J "The Dragon and His Tail"

After being taken hostage by the holidays, I'm finally back on track and will be starting this build thread for the recent release announcement of the B-24J “The Dragon and His Tail” by designer John Dell.

I'd like to give a special thanks to John for asking me to do this test build for him, it was great fun and an honor to be asked to do the build. I only had pieces, no instructions or diagrams to start with, but if I encountered a problem, John would supply enough of a hint to get to the next step.

I had never been a big B-24 fan, but have always found the art that was painted on these aircraft to be intriguing. I've learned a lot about the B-24 and it's history in general, none more so than “The Dragon”.

I had initially planned on my just adding this build onto his original Kit Announcement Thread but decided that it made more sense to start a whole new thread here, in the Model Builds-Aviation section.

I took over 850 pictures of this build and I've found that I still missed photographing some steps!! I've cut it down to about 200 images that I plan to post here. If you'd like to see a step from a different view, please ask. If I have another view, I'll post it.

I hope you all get something useful out of this build thread, ask questions, make comments or suggestions on how I could have done something different. I'm here to learn too.

I'll try to make at least one posting a day, please be patient. I'll do my best.

Enjoy,
Swampfox