View Single Post

Old 02-03-2011, 10:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
[Design / Build] Chengdu J-20 Prototype

(I won't delve into the facts about J-20, a 900913 search tells ten times than I do...)

Having designed the J-10 in prime time some years ago, I know it'll become my job to make a cardmodel rendering of the J-20 which was unveiled in January. (Although I'm still away from modelling for quite some time to come.)

Mine isn't the first cardmodel on the subject. I know at least 3 people who already produced cardmodels of this aircraft using an assortment of design methods. But this one would be release-standard, meaning anyone would hopefully build just as good.

The testbuild won't be done by me. I've arranged my friend Wind from CM.cn (who has great experiences and skills in building) to do the testbuild. Wind agreed to postpone his current builds to do this one so I'll say thanks in advance. It's Chinese New Year (the time for the biggest human migration on the planet) right now, and I managed to make it before this day on the designer's side. Although the testbuild won't happen until the holiday time has passed and Wind has come back... So in the meantime I'll post some pics from the design process and hopefully share and discuss some experiences in doing so.

[Oh and I will be building a version of my own, but not now...