View Single Post

Old 03-04-2011, 07:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
1/48 Space Shuttle orbiter under construction

Hello,
this is my first thread here.
I'm designing and building a Space Shuttle in 1/48, the SSMEs and mid fuselage structures are finished, and I had the aft fuselage, too, but discovered that the plans I used as reference are out of scale now.
In the moment I have to redo this section and the nose section is in good progress, too, the cockpit is almost finished (represents configuration of STS-34 as good as I could figure out the details). See pictures below.

My references are the plans from Scott Lowther's site, Dennis Jenkin's book about the first 100 flights, plans and photos from NASA-sites as well as from other sites on the web.

To get my model more accurate, I could need some more scale data, I include a drawing with two red lines. If someone gave me data for these two measurements, I could finish the aft fuselage really quickly.
For the nose section: If someone has reliable data for some of the corners at the windows, or orthogonal views of this area, this would help me really a lot.

Cheers, Thorsten
Attached Thumbnails
1/48 Space Shuttle orbiter under construction-ssme48_12.jpg   1/48 Space Shuttle orbiter under construction-ssme48_15.jpg   1/48 Space Shuttle orbiter under construction-ssme48_16.jpg   1/48 Space Shuttle orbiter under construction-sts_48_midfuselage_13.jpg   1/48 Space Shuttle orbiter under construction-sts_48_midfuselage_15.jpg  

1/48 Space Shuttle orbiter under construction-orbiter_dims.jpg   1/48 Space Shuttle orbiter under construction-sts_48_midfuselage_16.jpg   1/48 Space Shuttle orbiter under construction-foto0140.jpg   1/48 Space Shuttle orbiter under construction-foto0138.jpg   1/48 Space Shuttle orbiter under construction-foto0135.jpg  

1/48 Space Shuttle orbiter under construction-foto0136.jpg