View Single Post

Old 03-14-2011, 09:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Small updates...

I build the canvas wheels, are 10 pieces in total.

A tip for gluing small pieces: is a usefull tool, a hypodermical syringue, to distribute a small amounts of glue... To conform the piece I use a needle. I pressing the piece on his palm and making the circumference of the canvas to form the cone, before I painted the white line edges with a hidrocolor pen.

result: finished wheels.

I decide, make to superior wing, is segmented with two pieces, is a small problem, at the moment is a join to two pieces, I think in use a small piece of 75g paper joiner...

In general WWI model have a small wing chord, in this model Roman not use a internal reinforcement, because the shape of airfoil, use a curve...

In the pics the wing process build...

The tools used in process, the secret is apply small amount of glue the rear of wing, for fold I make a small valley in wing bord, for this I use a dental spatula, the edge lines are painted with hydrocolor pens...

I apply the glue...

For drying, is a important tip, I press the wing in the bench, this action produce a safe gluing, no produce a deformation in thw wing...

Finish I gluing the tip wing. and produce curve chord with a cylinder of plastic...

Pieces finish and reserve for future steps...

Continue soon...