View Single Post

Old 03-29-2011, 01:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via MSN to Jerry V
Well I have been building some next steps yesterday and today. Again, just like the Titanic, the tugs stern caused me some grieve, the decks didnīt fit the hulll one way or another so had to cut of a part of the stern, otherwhise the hull wouldnīt match up at the bow.. very strange.. I am building three at the same time, theyīre all the same size, but they didnīt have the same fitting problems one needed more cutting then another.

As for the stern I had forgot about adding glueing tabs. And when one finally stuck, another let go.. I have build the stern, once, twice, a third time a.. well.. letīs say I almost had one of them flying trough the room.. but finally I did get the stern of the three tugs to fit and stick. But handling the models a lot made the ink wear of.. So I had some patching up to do allready before the models were even finished..;

Iīve also added a black inner rim, because I didnīt like the white inside of the tugs.

The stern, which almost made one of them fly..

The small tugs compard to my 1:200 Titanic.

Having fixed the hull I realised I might have made some parts of the deckhousing to low..
Weīll have to see.. I think some more changes need to be made..

Jerry
Previously build; R.M.S. Titanic, 1:200 scale
Currently building; S.S. Nomadic 1:250 scale