Thread: Submarine 707R
View Single Post

Old 04-17-2011, 11:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Submarine 707R

Starting up a new project here in the great State of Dallas TX. Subject is one of my all time childhood favorite comic, the Submarine 707. When I was a kid back in Hong Kong around eight year old? I remember I built a 707 Jr yellow sub plastic kit. Think at that time, I like the Jr sub more then the 707. The 707 I building is based on the anime "Submarine 707R" came out maybe two years ago(?) Picking which 707 to build wasn't easy. After the original surplus 707 was sunk(comic version), a new modern 707 II (R)was commissioned. After that, there are many refitting(comic and anime) and at least two completely new 707F( I have a vinyl kit of that) and 707 III(no clue was that just a concept for a anime or what?). In total, far as I know, there are seven 707 include the original. So, first one sunk, four refit and two all new. I know I am not going to build the original surplus 707. So naturally, I pick the second 707 II (707"R" anime version). Both of that version are almost identical but some different on the hull panels, Jr pods shape but most different are the rudder and diving plane. And Jr goes. There are four version. I only seen one version in comic is almost the same as one in the anime. Don't know what the other two version about? maybe I was too young to remember? One Jr version goes with the all new 707 III, and I'm still digging what the 707F Jr look like.

The 3D models goes. It is in Rhino. The top side hull was not easy. I am having a very hard time pulling that one off. But the shape is close enough that I am somewhat happy with. This is the best of my limited Rhino modeling skill can carry me right now so I just have to live with it.

To be continue, hopefully.
Attached Thumbnails
Submarine 707R-01.jpg   Submarine 707R-02.jpg   Submarine 707R-03.jpg   Submarine 707R-04.jpg